2019 Fall Conference: AI Ethics, Policy, and Governance.
HAI's October 28-29 conference on AI Ethics, Policy, and Governance at Stanford University will convene experts and leaders from academia, industry, civil society, and government to explore critical and emerging issues related to understanding and guiding AI's human and societal impact. Through plenary discussions, breakout sessions, and workshops we will explore the latest research, delve into case studies, illuminate best practices, and build a global community of research, policy, and practice committed to ensuring that AI benefits humanity.
Questions to be addressed include:
- What frameworks and structures are companies putting in place to address ethical challenges?
- How do cultural and policy approaches to AI safety vary across borders?
- How are governments organizing to harness the benefits of AI for societal benefit?
- Which metrics are critical to accurately tracking and forecasting the development of AI for policymaking?
- How will AI affect international security?
- What is the interplay between AI and civil society?
- How can we ensure that emerging technologies do not exacerbate racial inequity?