Corporate Affiliate Program
As a multidisciplinary institute focused on responsibly guiding the future of artificial intelligence, Stanford HAI deeply values engagement with companies interested in AI research, policy and practice. The HAI Corporate Affiliate Program provides the opportunity for these companies to interact with Stanford faculty and students, as well as other corporate members, coordinated by HAI’s dedicated corporate membership team. Relationships between companies, faculty, and graduate students provide all constituents with valuable insights on opportunities, problems, and solutions at the intersections of AI research, policy and education with industry.
Membership of the HAI Corporate Affiliate Program will include access to a program area. The inaugural program area of the program is Financial Services and AI.
The focus Areas and participating faculty below are part of the General Program. The HAI Corporate Affiliate Program brings industry together with Stanford faculty, research, policy and education for members who are interested in various topics at the intersection AI.
AI-Augmented Decision Making
VR/AR Training for Consumers and Banks
AI Fairness and Explainability
Financial Services & AI Program
In addition to the general program, the HAI Corporate Affiliate Program offers vertical-specific programs. The inaugural program area focuses on the intersection of Financial Services & AI. Faculty focus areas specific to the finance sector provide the optimum environment for banks, fintech, insurance, and other financial services institutions to engage with Stanford at the nexus of their most fundamental AI challenges.
Optimization in Financial Services
AI in Investment, Lending and Trading
Graph Machine Learning
AI Governance and Regulation
Design and Regulation of
AI in Risk Management
Blockchain and Decentralized Systems
Social Impact and Financial Services
Each of the member companies contributes $1M annually for its participation in the Affiliate Program and can select to engage with one program area. Please note that the Stanford HAI Corporate Affiliate Program is governed by the Stanford University Policies Affecting Industrial Affiliate Program Memberships.
- $400K HAI Wallet which can be used towards:
- Research Tokens: Members may choose to use Research Tokens ($85K each) to support a particular area of program research, or the program research of a named faculty member or lab. All research results arising from the use of the Research Tokens will be shared with all program members and the general public.
- Other Stanford Affiliate Programs: Membership in mission-relevant affiliate programs across Stanford
- Membership in the Stanford Digital Economy Lab (S-DEL) affiliate program
- Membership in the Stanford Artificial Intelligence Laboratory (SAIL) affiliate program, including 1 additional, SAIL specific research token (inaugural year only)
- One complimentary seat in each of HAI’s Executive Education Programs
- Opportunity to send two Visiting Scholars to Stanford
- Policy: Opportunities to engage with and learn more about the constantly evolving AI policy landscape through our HAI Policy team
- Focus area engagement, which brings together multiple faculty members who are interested in related research topics. For the Financial Services Program Area, indicative topics and faculty leads are listed below.
Plus additional, cross-cutting benefits including but not limited to:
- Executive Breakfast Series
- Semi-annual Member Meetings
- Early access to and engagement with the HAI Industry Briefs
- Annual Presentations of research by HAI-affiliated faculty and students
- Conferences, seminars, and workshop
- Acknowledgement at HAI’s major public event
Giving & Research Policies
The Corporate Affiliate Program will use and develop open-source software. It is the intention of the Corporate Affiliate Program that any software released will be under an open-source model. Where there are site visits, the site presentations and all information, data and results arising from such visitation interactions will be shared with all members and the public. For more information and guidelines on conducting research at Stanford, please see the Research Policy Handbook.
Stanford HAI strictly adheres to Stanford University’s commitment to openness in research. Learn more about Stanford's policy on conduct of research.
Sign up for Stanford HAI's email newsletters to see industry briefs and other news and events.
For more information, please contact Panos Madamopoulos, Managing Director of Industry Programs and Partnerships, Stanford HAI.