Founding Members Program
HAI actively seeks engagement with companies that share our mission. Financial support and real-world insights from participants in the Stanford HAI Corporate Founding Members program help ensure that HAI has the knowledge and resources it needs to pursue innovative, interdisciplinary research to address the most critical questions about the future of AI and its development. Such engagement provides a vital complement to collaboration with our other stakeholders, including academia, policymakers, public sector entities, and NGOs.
Gifts from Corporate Founding Members are used to underwrite and advance the mission of HAI—propelling our agenda and priorities supporting faculty and fellows; graduate students and postdocs; fundamental and applied research; data sets and compute resources; reports and position papers; and events that convene stakeholders from across sectors.
Stanford HAI Corporate Founding Program members make a three-year commitment at $5M per year.
In recognition of their support, Corporate Members receive the following benefits:
- An $800K wallet which may be used toward research tokens and/or membership in mission-relevant affiliate programs across campus. Members may choose how to spend tokens on HAI-related research/projects/initiatives that align with their priorities and corporate agendas.
- Two seats in each HAI Executive Education Program plus a $50K wallet which can be used towards access to additional professional and/or executive education programs
- Two visiting scholars
- Membership in two affiliate programs: Stanford Digital Economy Lab (S-DEL) (full) and Stanford AI Lab (SAIL) (modified)
- Membership in the upcoming Stanford HAI Corporate Affiliates Program (one program area of choice) including one additional seat in each Executive Education Program and one Visiting Scholar. (NOTE: The first affiliate program area to launch will be “Financial Services & AI.”)
- Student Engagement Platform - opportunities to support student recruitment and DEI-related activities, and to enhance your visibility across campus
- Additional cross-cutting benefits including:
- Executive Breakfast Series
- Semi-annual Member Meetings
- Briefings on AI policy and regulatory research
- Annual Presentations of research by HAI-affiliated faculty and students
- Conferences, seminars, and workshops
- Acknowledgement at HAI’s major public events
* Benefits have tangible value and will reduce the amount of the annual gift that is tax deductible.
Founding Corporate Members
As HAI’s Corporate Members Program continues to expand, we welcome new members from all sectors. The Institute gratefully acknowledges the contributions of its Founding Corporate Members (listed alphabetically):
“The strength of the HAI Corporate Program lies in the breadth of opportunity to engage with a wide range of faculty and departments. Our partnership helps to inform the strategic direction across IBM's portfolio of fundamental research. The expansion of the program’s “wallet” feature, along with the white-glove treatment shown by the HAI Partnerships team, will allow us to increase research collaborations and generate even more measurable value.”
Jeffrey J. Welser, COO IBM Research, VP Exploratory Science & University Collaboration
"The HAI Founding Members Program allows for customizable, project-based collaborations that engage participating Googlers with new topics, methods, and people in the domain of Human-Centered AI. We look forward to expanding on these initiatives -- Google recognizes that HAI's interdisciplinary perspective is key to shaping an inclusive AI future.”
Jeff Dean, Google Senior Fellow and SVP of Google Research
“The HAI Corporate Program facilitates an effective engagement among Stanford University, the larger industry trends and a broad cross section of our leadership and employees across the world. The innovative program structure has helped us engage with some interesting challenges specific to the financial services industry and bring new ways of thinking about the future”
Chintan Mehta, CIO, Head of Digital Technology and Innovation, Wells Fargo
Giving & Research Policies
Stanford HAI strictly adheres to Stanford University’s commitment to openness in research. Learn more about Stanford's policy on conduct of research.
Sign up for Stanford HAI's email newsletters to see industry briefs and other news and events.
For more information, please contact Panos Madamopoulos, Managing Director of Industry Programs and Partnerships, Stanford HAI.