Research Assistant - Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and AI Education, Stanford HAI
Faye-Marie Vassell is the STEM Education, Equity, and Inclusion Postdoctoral Fellow at the Stanford Institute for Human-Centered Artificial Intelligence (HAI), and the research groups of Dr. Hideo Mabuchi (Applied Physics) and Dr. Bryan Brown (GSE). She is seeking a Research Assistant with excellent project management, analytical, writing and organizational skills to support her work by (1) assisting with the development and support of one or more workshops for national and global experts in topics related to diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) in AI education and AI professions, (2) assisting in writing of short and long publications on related topics (3) preparing research briefings and memos.
The Research Assistant will work closely with other members of HAI and external partners from academia and industry. They should understand the wider social context and implications of AI and emerging technologies, and be detail oriented and capable of articulating the implications and ramifications of diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts within AI.
Additionally, the Research Assistant may assist with a range of administrative needs.
- Able to work approximately 10-15 hours per week during the Fall quarter, and possibly beyond.
- Ability to support and project manage workshops and seminars, comprised of diverse - and often high-level - audiences, internal and external to Stanford.
- Ability to analyze and synthesize complex information, making clear recommendations, and present it clearly and precisely; both in oral and written formats.
- Interest in AI technologies, education, and DEI best practices.
- Interest in education programs at a variety of levels - K-12, higher education, professional and workforce development, and so on.
- Equally comfortable undertaking in depth research as well as ‘getting stuff done’ in non-research projects.
To apply, email Marisa MacAskill, HAI Education Program Manager, at email@example.com. Please include your CV and a short description of why you are interested in the role.